*** This page can be translated by clicking the language tab at the top. Esta página se puede traducir haciendo clic en la pestaña de idioma en la parte superior.
The Carbondale Community School is a public charter school of the Roaring Fork School District. As a charter school, we are funded by the State and individual donations, charge no tuition, are non-discriminatory in admissions, and provide an alternative within the public school framework.
Enrollment in Carbondale Community School, as with all charter schools, is available to all students, including students with disabilities, and information about disabilities will not be requested until a student has been admitted and enrolled. For questions regarding the admission and enrollment of students with disabilities in Carbondale Community School, you may contact Roaring Fork School District or Carbondale Community School at 970-963-9647.
- Letter from the Principal and 2022 Application Process/ Carta de la Directora y 2022 Proceso de Admisión
- Take a Tour / Hacer un Recorrido
- Application for Admission/ Solicitud de Admisión
Admissions Criteria and Lottery
Because there is greater demand for admissions than we have space for students, we use an annual lottery system to select students for enrollment. All students are eligible for the lottery once they have completed the admissions process below. Please see the Enrollment Policy for information about lottery priorities. Enrollment is determined by availability. Each student is entered into the lottery, and there is no “first come, first served” waiting list.
The lottery deadline for the 2022/2023 school year is FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2022. All applications received after the lottery are considered on a space-available basis.
Admissions Process (for the 2022-2023 school year)
Prior to applying, families should do the following:
- View the virtual tour linked above
- Attend a CCS Information Night
- For families preferring English: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 5:00-6:30pm
- For families preferring Spanish: Thursday February 10, 2022 5:00-6:30pm
- Determine if the school is a good fit and decide to continue the application process. Call the school if you need additional information 970-963-9647.
To apply, families should do the following:
- Complete and turn in an Application for Admission form found on our website by the deadline.
- Look for an email from the school following the lottery. After the lottery parents will receive an email within 48 hours with the outcome of the lottery. If you receive notice of acceptance, we ask that you accept (or decline) enrollment within a week.
- Tour the school. School tours will be provided for all students and families that receive a notice of acceptance. Students entering grades 5-8 may be able to attend for all or part of a school day, once a spot has been offered. Families should call the school to make arrangements. Tour dates: April 13, 2022 from 2:00-3:00 pm, April 14, 2022 from 2:00-3:00 pm,and April 15, 2022 from 2:00-3:00 pm
After accepting, please register your student by submitting the following:
- A completed new student registration form (we will email you a link to the google form)
- A copy of your student’s birth certificate
- Proof of Address
- School fees*
* School Fees: While we do not charge tuition, there are fees and expenditures associated with attending the Carbondale Community School. We work with each family to ensure no child is excluded from any school sponsored activity or event. School fees are waived or reduced for families qualifying for free and reduced lunch.Please let us know if you are concerned about paying school fees.
***Need Help? Call 970-963-9647 OR Email Sandra Shafer firstname.lastname@example.org