3/6 Quote of the Week, chosen by Ames, “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goal.” – unknown
The third and fourth graders finished writing their non-fiction books and they are BEAUTIFUL! Today we had a cross-grade writing share of non-fiction books with younger students and it was very cute. There are pictures of some of the sharing groups below. Please read on for dates, announcements and more.
- 3/8 Daylight Saving Time = an hour of sleep is lost so take that into account with bedtimes ;)
- 3/13 Aspen High Musical – We will be going to see Guys and Dolls in the morning!
- 3/19, 3/20 Student Led Conferences
- 3/23 – 3/30 Spring Break- No School
- 4/3 Musical Tryouts
- 4/30, 5/1 Musical
- 5/4 Rest Day- No School
- 5/8 Assessment Day- No School
- 5/19- 5/22 3-4 Outdoor Ed. to Canyonlands National Park
- Thank you, Anne Leonard, for coming in to sub for Jen this week! We enjoyed having you in the classroom!
- Thank you, Jenn Voorhees, for helping out the second week in a row with nordic skiing! Another beautiful Friday afternoon to ski in the sun!! Unfortunately, this will be our last ski day at school.
- Thank you to all who attended and/or volunteered their time or baking to Empty Bowls! What a success for such a great cause!
- Please sign-up for a student-led conference on either Thursday, March 19 or Friday, March 20. Click here!
- Please remind your student to always have a second pair of shoes here – one to wear indoors and one to wear outdoors. It is important throughout the year – if it is not snow, then it is mud and grit that sneaks into the building. Thank you for your support with keeping our school clean. :)
- We start our classroom activities at 8:03 each morning, thanks for having your child here on time so they can be part of the important morning routine.
- On Thursday hot lunch and El Tioga days please remember to send your child with a snack for mid-morning.
- Please put your names on food containers and water bottles. Kids don’t always remember which containers are theirs and we hate to see them go to waste.
Student Class News: by Coco and Eva – Forts – This month the forts have been very snowy! YAY! We have been sledding and building forts out of snow. And It is hard to keep all your stuff from getting wet but we are building lots of shelter. There are a bunch of snowman. They make you very tired because of all the snow! They also make you tired because you slip in the slipery snow wall climing a steap hill! When you are in the forts there are lots of things to do. You can slide on a hill you can make giant forts out of snow and make snowman and snowballs and alot more.
Here is also last week’s student news by Levi and Mara – In 4 grade math we are learning about fractions and decimals. In art get ready for empty bowls. Our winner for the coloring contest Etai and Cali. The empty bowl is in March. In 3 grade we are learning about fractions. Everyone is excited for spring break to come! And in art remember to reserve your kids there empty bowls it’s an extra 10 dollars, for soup and entry the cost is 10 dollars. We are always loving reses thing your kids can do for recces is sking 3-4 can also ski now and skate your kids need helmet skates and gloves?? For the ASC all school musical the theme is Harry Potter!!